carbon 4 runner?

Technical and service related questions and answers.

Moderators: SilverFlash, HCAarchery, HCAEngr2

carbon 4 runner?

Postby boltguy » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:22 pm

i just bought a hca carbon 4 runner bow. it says the draw length is 28 is it adjustable to 29 ? and the weight says 70 how low does it go i usaully shoot 63-64 pounds.for 50 bucks i couldnt pass up on the bow it came with whisker biscuit camo rest and trophy ridge sights.any help would be appreciatted thanks
boltguy

Re: carbon 4 runner?

Postby Okie » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:26 am

Well Ive got to be honest. I have been out of the "New Bow Market for about ten to fifteen years so I am unfamiliar with the bow but...I can tell you with the other stuff that was attached you didnt get hurt. Shoot I think it would be a great rig to bowfish with, for that price!

I did do a little digging to see what I could find out about your bow. It was probably purchased around 2003, with a MSRP of about $633.00

The following is a review written about the bow:

High Country Archery

Simply by pivoting a lever on the new PerfXCam, you can choose one of three draw-weight ranges. For example, bow models with the heaviest draw weights have a total range of 45-80 pounds. Within this range, you can set the lever for draw-weight ranges of 45-60, 55-70, or 65-80 pounds. In addition, each PerfXCam has a draw length range of 6 inches, and you can choose 65 or 80-percent letoff.

High Country's Military Grade Carbon Tough Bows are the lightest on the market, weighing just over 2 pounds. HCA says it will honor the lifetime warranty even if you're shooting arrows at 3 grains per pound of draw weight.

New for 2003 is the Max-Xtreme in lengths of 32 and 37 inches, which complements other bows previously in the carbon line – the SSR, Triple S, Carbon Force, Carbon 4-Runner, and Carbon Lite. The new Max-Xtreme and the 4-Runner also are made in machined-aluminum versions. HCA builds several other aluminum models.

These bows are equipped with patented V-Split limbs encased in a Vibra Flex Armor Limb Shield, which prevents abrasion, splintering, feathering, and dents. Inside the pivoting brass limb pockets, Super S-D Tech Pacs reduce vibration and noise. HCA offers complete accessory packages for its bows.

This is the best I could do - But I'd fool with it and see what I could do with the draw length - 99% of the fun of owning something especially if you get a good deal on it, is getting to see what makes it tick. :D
Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits, they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
Okie

Postby Magnumpi » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:21 pm

Ive had several Carbon 4 runners in the past if memory serves me right it can go down to 60lbs just fine, and i believe the cam has 3 string post that will change the draw by what post the string is attached to.
Magnumpi

Postby obart » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:03 pm

HELLO,
CAN YOU DIG UP ANYTHING ABOUT BRUTE FORCE??????...MUCH APRECIATED...THANKS
Okie wrote:Well Ive got to be honest. I have been out of the "New Bow Market for about ten to fifteen years so I am unfamiliar with the bow but...I can tell you with the other stuff that was attached you didnt get hurt. Shoot I think it would be a great rig to bowfish with, for that price!

I did do a little digging to see what I could find out about your bow. It was probably purchased around 2003, with a MSRP of about $633.00

The following is a review written about the bow:

High Country Archery

Simply by pivoting a lever on the new PerfXCam, you can choose one of three draw-weight ranges. For example, bow models with the heaviest draw weights have a total range of 45-80 pounds. Within this range, you can set the lever for draw-weight ranges of 45-60, 55-70, or 65-80 pounds. In addition, each PerfXCam has a draw length range of 6 inches, and you can choose 65 or 80-percent letoff.

High Country's Military Grade Carbon Tough Bows are the lightest on the market, weighing just over 2 pounds. HCA says it will honor the lifetime warranty even if you're shooting arrows at 3 grains per pound of draw weight.

New for 2003 is the Max-Xtreme in lengths of 32 and 37 inches, which complements other bows previously in the carbon line – the SSR, Triple S, Carbon Force, Carbon 4-Runner, and Carbon Lite. The new Max-Xtreme and the 4-Runner also are made in machined-aluminum versions. HCA builds several other aluminum models.

These bows are equipped with patented V-Split limbs encased in a Vibra Flex Armor Limb Shield, which prevents abrasion, splintering, feathering, and dents. Inside the pivoting brass limb pockets, Super S-D Tech Pacs reduce vibration and noise. HCA offers complete accessory packages for its bows.

This is the best I could do - But I'd fool with it and see what I could do with the draw length - 99% of the fun of owning something especially if you get a good deal on it, is getting to see what makes it tick. :D
obart

Return to Tech